Thursday, September 18, 2014

2014 September

First off, I need to apologize for not putting out a newsletter in so long. The last one I sent out was in April. As I’m sure you experience, life can get so busy. But I’ve also been realizing that there are so many ways that we already keep in touch that maybe it doesn’t make sense for me to continue doing a newsletter.
 
When things finally calmed down for me in August, I started to think about putting together a newsletter. I wanted to tell you all of the news that classmates had sent me in the meantime. Only you know what? There wasn't much! Which was funny, because on Facebook, I'm always seeing things that people post about their jobs or their vacations or kids or grandkids or hobbies or their health and so forth.
 
And that's when it hit me: this newsletter might not be necessary anymore. The idea of the newsletter was to try to help classmates share their lives with other classmates, and help us keep up with what's going on for everyone. But people keep in touch now in so many ways, that a newsletter seems kind of unnecessary. So I will be stopping putting one together. I have enjoyed doing this, but the fun part, actually, is staying connected. So, since we can do that in other ways, I think that it doesn’t make sense to continue.
 
I will definitely continue to keep track of classmate whereabouts. I will definitely do my part for any future reunions or milestone birthday parties (2016?!). And I will definitely pass along any news I come across -- on our Facebook page.
 
Thank you for all the news you've shared. Thank you for all the classmate sightings you've let me know about. Thank you for all the thank yous!
 
Take care!
 
Ed DeJesus
exdejesus@gmail.com
 
 
PS
We have lots of ways to keep in touch online, now. For example, we have a web site:
www.chse1971.com
(thanks to Ernie Sutcliffe for starting and maintaining)
and Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/group.php?gid=51722469479
and a Facebook event for the last Reunion:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192240297471327
and for the recent Birthday Party:
https://www.facebook.com/events/529679410426095/
Check out one or more of these easy ways to see what people are up to.
And, by the way, I post these updates online at http://chse1971.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment